My Playlist

I thought I would share with you why I like some of these songs.
1. Just because I realize how small I am in this world but that I am His and that is the most important thing in my life.
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.

2. I've always loved the movie The Color Purple. Oprah had it made into a Broadway musical. She chose Fantasia to be Celle the main character in the play. Here is a description of the character, which Oprah had played in the movie.
"Celle is the kind of hero we all have a chance to be whatever happens to us in this life. She bears her own suffering with grace, and reaches out to others to provide fo their needs and spare them harm. Our love for Celle grows as she makes her way through a perilous journey, as she prays without ceasing for some assurance that God sees her."
She is abused but knows there are some things that no one can take from you.
Fantasia sang this live on Oprah's show and it was an unforgettable performance. Also, here is the link to you tube to see the performance on Oprah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9CIUMc0YSg&feature=related
3. From the movie Fireproof and I loved it.
4. Well, I can only imagine. The kids and I have loved this song for years.
5. "raise your hands and bow your head". I love the part "I find more and more truth in the words written in red". It also reminds me of...To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world. You never know when your actions touch a life.
6. "I met Gods Will on a halloween night, he was dressed as a bag of leaves" Wow..God works in many ways through young and old.
[Chorus:]
I've been searchin', wonderin', thinkin'
Lost and lookin' all my life
I've been wounded, jaded, loved and hated
I've wrestled wrong and right
He was a boy without a father
And his mother's miracle
I've been readin', writin', prayin', fightin'
I guess I would be still
Yeah, that was until
I knew God's Will

7. Amazing.
chorus:
he never promised that the cross would not get heavy
and the hill would not be hard to climb
he never offered our victories without fighting
but he said help would always come in time
just remember when your standing in the valley of decision
and the adversary says give in
just hold on, our lord will show up
and he will take you through the fire again

8. Obvious
It's a blur since they told me about it
How the darkness had taken its toll
And they cut into my skin
And they cut into my body
But they will never get a piece of my soul
9. I love Alison Krauss and I think it is a peaceful song.
15. So sad. This is the remake Elton John did for Princess Diana.
Did you know Mother Theresa died the day before Diana's funeral?
And Princess Grace of Monaco died 15 yrs years earlier.
I love anything and everything about Grace Kelly.
Especially the movie Rear Window.
16. Has been a favorite of mine for years.
The remaining songs I just really, really like.

That's all for now...this was different wasn't it?









3 comments:

The Landrum's said...

I like your songs. When I hear "Me and Bobby McGee" I think of you. We watched a movie that had that song in it or something, and I remember you telling me about that song. Also, I like "missing you" I remember you telling me a story about that one. You should have added "Go light your world". That song reminds me of you as well.

Teressa said...

Thanks Tara! I'll add it today.

I'm glad you remembered the "missing you" song.

Love you

Amanda said...

I loved reading this! "who am I' brings me to tears every time! and "the Color Purple" always reminds me of you...I remember you talking about it when I used to stay at your house with Tar!