1/30/09 #2 of 8 Chemo Treatments

First, I have blood work done to test my blood cells.
Then I wait to see the Oncolgist. They weigh me and do all of the routine checks. Then he consults before my bags of medicine are ordered.

My throat had hurt all week but no fever so I got to receive chemo. He prescribed an antibiotic for my tonsillitis. Becuase of my previous migraines and nausea he adjusted my pre-med bag to boost my system and added an extra pre-bag of emend nausea medicine. Then I received the two bags of chemo. So I had 4 things.
My white blood cells were holding at good numbers due to the daily shots of neupogen, the week after my first chemo, so next week I only need to get 4 instead of 5.

I asked him about my mood swings, hot flashes, sporadic pulse, and blood pressure spikes. I told him sometimes I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin.
He said that chemo has great affects on your hormones and it could even onset menopause or commonly known as chemo-pause. After chemo, they will put me on hormone therapy but for now I wing it. This explained a lot for me.

Today is Saturday and I have mild head pressure but not painful enough for meds and the nausea is very slight. I think I had correct dosages this time. We'll see how I do tomorrow.
Thanks for everything.
Love to all.

No comments: