1/01/2009 - I Resolve

I Resolve:
  1. To be a better christian
  2. To quit smoking
  3. To show my love more
  4. To read God's word everyday
I have researched some scriptures during my "down time" and I have learned a lot. Family and friends have given me daily journals, books, etc. with scriptures and it has helped me cope with what I have been going through.
Thanks to everyone.

I know that I should have Him in my daily walk of this life I have been given. So I am going to make that commitment.

Today, the first day of 2009 I found and learned the following. Which I think is the perfect scripture to begin my new year with.

"Stand in the ways and see,
And ask for the old paths,
Wherein is the good way,
And walk therein"
(Jer 6:16)

Stand still and consider. Consider not only the choice of ways ahead, but also, importantly, look back at the way by which you have come.

There are many changes in the world and many new paths recommended by the world, and the world confuses change with progress.There is ancient, timeless, wisdom which cannot be improved upon. It shall always be the best path to follow.

It is not enough to "see" the good way. It's not enough even to recognize that it is good. You have to actually enter into that way and "walk therein". We have to follow that way and make it our way of life.

So this year I will especially remember "walk therein". And especially at work.

1 comment:

The Landrum's said...

That's my new year's resolution as well..be a better christian! I'd like to read some of your stuff!