Go Light Your World

Tara reminded me that I did not have "Go light your world" on my playlist so I added it just now.

The kids and I have numerous songs that remind us of special times. I have a special song for each kid that they know is their song. The other day Daniel sang to me "his" song when I was feeling sick after the first chemo. It is
Sunshine you are my sunshine. Then last week he laid his head on my shoulder in the car and sang Lean on me. Tara began singing this at 3 and passed it on to the boys.
Another memory song is
I will be here and I played it continuously in the car when Tara and Nick were young. I went to see Steven Curtis Chapman at Van Meter at WKU and this was just one of my favorites. Tara and Grant had this as one of their wedding songs.

Tara remembers them all.
Daniel(the baby-he'll be 14 in May) still loves the hugs, sweetness, and touch and loves discussing any memory.
Nick(he'll be 18 in Feb) picked up mostly on my love for country. Hank Williams Sr. and Jr., Garth, etc...ha

I never knew how much my music would affect my children. They really have become nostalgic and traditional. The other night Tara and I spent at least 30 minutes searching the net for Mother Goose christian songs she had when she was little.

Anyways, I suggest all parents get this song for their vehicles and play it for your kids.
The seven dwarfs....and replace the words with..."I owe, I owe, so off to work I go". And make work seem fun...ha. Hidden story there. It's kinda like a joke for one of my kids.

Love to all

1 comment:

The Landrum's said...

This was one of my favorite's to read!