11/21/08 1st surgery - Pathology Results

(I will need another surgery)

Todays results could have been better but they could have worse too.

I'll try to explain...by what I heard and read on the report.
Intramammary Lymph Nodes - one of two lymph nodes positive for metastatic adenocarcinoma. there are a total of 4 of 12 nodes positive for metastatic mammary carcinoma.

He doesn't think I will need a mastectomy. I will need surgery to remove this lymph node area and he believes he can clear margins around the area. I will need chemo added to the radiation of course. It is stage 3 because of the lymph nodes.

I get my drainage tube taken out next wednesday. On Dec 9th I have my surgery and then I begin treatments with my team of doctors for oncology, nuclear medicine, etc.

I feel fine other than the loopiness from hydrocodone. I could not wait to get home and let my incision get some air. It had rubbed against some clothing and caused some burning but that's all I have felt.

Tara and Bev went with me and it was hard for them but they were strong around me. After i got in my gown we held hands and recited Tara's bible verse she had found.

I made Bev stay home afterwards because she was having a horrible spasm day. I had Tara go home and spend the rest of the day with Ellie because Tara goes back to school on Monday. We all needed to go home and absorb the information in our own way. I have spoken to them recently and they are some better.


My life is going to be different for a while but again, it could have been worse and I am really blessed to have found this very small "active" cancerous lump when I did. It was already attaching to my nodes. Please check yourselves regularly and make appointments for your exams. Breast cancer does not run in my family. And this was in my arm pit area.

Everything will be ok...I have results and now I have a plan to fight back. I have a lot to fight for.
Thank you for everything and I appreciate your prayers and emails.

Bevs MRI is Tuesday so please pray for her and for Kathy to get good results from her testing.

Email me anytime if you have questions and I will be happy to share my information if you have friends or family with the same situation. And thank you for letting me share my information with you. This is my link to the outside world. I am already feeling cooped up in 88 and it has only been a few days. =)

Love,
Teressa

No comments: