11/15/08 Email from Beverly

Our Friday, MY APPOINTMENT: Well I had a visit with a new neurologist at St. Thomas Hospital (now this was my best day in months so he has saw me at my best ) . Dr. Fallis thinks that I do NOT have Dystonai. I was so in shock. He thinks that I have injured my neck and that has radiated up into my mouth, tongue and jaw muscles. I have awful neck, shoulder and temple pain along with the mouth. I am just getting some speech back. Yes I probably still have blepharospasms (dystonia) in my eyes but He about Died when he heard I've had 31 shots in my face in three month span. He said for #1 The Doctor should KNOW why I need Botox? Testing....none. Never give botox but maybe twice a year. Mine 31 in three. He could not fathom. Anyhow, I was crying by the time we left there in an uplifting way. He said that He Will get me FIXED ! You think "Do I get hopeful AGAIN .... It's kind of scary but... you have to trust that the Lord is working and has found this man to give you answers and help you. So now He has put me on a pain pill and muscle relaxer all in one to take at night. He said to fix the neck muscles they need rest which I get none of. So we have a Ct Scan planned at St Thomas on the 25th. He was such a nice nice man. I never figured that I didn't have this after the neuro in Louisville. I was totally shocked.....then our day continued....

Friday, TERESSA'S APPOINTMENT: Well we went at 3:30 to Teressa's appointment to hear the results of her breast biopsy. As sure as I was that I had dystonia, I was that sure that my sister DID NOT HAVE BREAST CANCER.... BOY WAS MY DAY WRONG. The guilt that FLEW over my body as he gave her the results was tremendous. I thought all the complaining you've done this year. It was so hard for me to hold in my composure (which I did very bravely) . Dr. Daniels told her that yes she does have cancer. They will remove the lump on Tuesday afternoon and another area to check. She will have to undergo radiation and possible chemo since she's premenaposal. Teressa is the STRONGEST LADY THAT I KNOW OR HAVE EVER KNOWN. HER STRENGTH AMAZES ME AND IT WILL YOU ALSO. She has the best attitude for life and me - Well I'm the baby the whimp. I look to her for Strength. So please please remember my baby sis in your prayers and I know that the Lord will deliver her from this disease and that next Thursday she will hear "Yes Teressa We have got it all ".

So yes our day was a whirlwind - It's ups and downs - The unknowns for both of us.... Your prayers have delievered us this far.... Please continue... Love to All , Bev

No comments: