11/6/08 Exam Results(Mammogram & Ultrasound)

Hey Everyone,
I picked up my results from today...

I had mammogram:
1) Moderatley dense ductal tissue
2) 1.1 cm spiculated mass on the superior aspect of the right breast - suspicious of primary breast carcinoma - recommend right breast ultrasound

I had ultrasound:
1) 9 X 11 mm irregular nodule, slightly hyperechoic, at the 10 o'clock position in the region of mammographic palpable abnormality - suspicious of primary breast carcinoma - recommend biopsy.
2) Probable 8 - 9 mm lymph node adjacent to the irregular nodule.

I had Chest X-ray:
A ok

I found on the net re: irregular-
If the margins are smooth and the mass is round or oval, it is most likely benign (not cancer). If the edges are irregular, then it is possibly cancer and a biopsy is necessary to determine if cancer cells are present.
Also, re: spiculated mass-
It is true that a spiculated margin is of more concern than smooth margins.
I read about carcinoma.
I don't think I want to search the net anymore....ha

I just wanted you to know I am ok and I will deal with whatever comes. God always thinks I can handle more.
I'm a strong person.
I go to see the surgeon Wednesday.

Love ya'll

1 comment:

The Landrum's said...

One of the worst weeks of my life...actually, i think it was the worst week of my life. Looking up on the internet and finding out what that meant..my stomach is turning right now rehashing those memories.