April 6th



This Friday I will be having #7 of 8 chemos. I know I haven't written on my blog for a while and I don't really know why. I did take a leave from work and it has relieved some tension I had. I was trying to be positive, trying to be a good manager, trying to be a good family member and friend, and then I think I just decided to take a break and relax. "Knowing" how sick you are going to be every other week and then having a new side affect or infection added after each additional treatment was troublesome. I just needed a break from cancer and I guess that included my blog as well.
I have spent some time reflecting on this "detour" in my life. I have really missed my sister. I know she is as tired as I am of having to deal with our illnesses. But we will get through it.
My Dad has been taking me to get all of my shots every other week and we have had some great talks.
I am blessed with all of my family and friends. Thank you so much for all of your prayers, emails, cards, etc. It has got me through some tough times.
Ellie Grace has been ill with RSV and this is the second week I can't be near her. I don't like this at all, but we know I can't risk it right now. I do speak to her via telephone and Tara says she smiles. I did drive to their house and talk to her through the glass storm door(twice). I had bought her some bunny ears and Tara took her picture this weekend. She's precious. Here is another pix that Grant's dad had taken. I love it too.
Love to all

2 comments:

The Landrum's said...

Ellie loves her bunny ears. She wore them when Grant's dad stopped by earlier, and she wore them for Amy. She just sits with them on and looks at everyone, as if they are supposed to tell her how cute she is!

Amanda said...

I love the bunny ears on Ellie! Ellie is so blessed to have such a loving grandma! I'm continuing to pray for you!