April 15th




















I had chemo last Friday and Tara took me since she was on spring break. My stepdad Wayne came again to see me while I was there. I did fall asleep again because of the benedryl in the premeds and the alcohol in the taxol. My nails(fingers and toes) have gotten these red places and they are very tender. It's difficult to open things. They said that some nails may fall off. I have one more chemo to go so I am hoping they don't. I have about a 1/4 inch of hair. And I am feeling the joint and bone pains which begin sunday night after my chemo. This chemo keeps me up all night on Friday. Saturday night Ellie came out and she helped Daniel and my nephews color eggs. I went to church with Tara & Grant on Sunday. I really enjoyed the weekend before my pains set in on Sunday night. It's wednesday now and I still have some shooting pains. Hot baths help too and of course I alternate pain medicines. Also, the bottoms of my feet are very sore and peeling. Oh, and the steroids I have learned is causing my constant hunger...I have been eating a lot. Dad is taking me again today for my neupogen shot. I enjoy this time with him.

I have my appt. set for the 20th to discuss radiation with my next doc. It will be for 30 days Mon-Fri. I am still on leave from work and I will know when I return after I speak with him.

Haven't my boys really grown? Nick is 18 and Daniel will be 14 in May.

Love and prayers to all.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I cannot believe how big those boys have gotten! I still remember the day Daniel was born! I'm so thankful to have your family in my life (and its been 14 years that I've known you all!) I'm glad you enjoyed Easter weekend. And that picture of you and Ellie is precious!!!!

love you.