Feb. 13th, Friday Chemo #3 of 8

I had my blood drawn for testing. Then I had my doc visit.
And then I had to confess to my doc about not getting all of my neupogen shots to boost my white blood cells. The week after chemo I have to take them. After my second chemo he prescribed only four because my numbers were good. I told the doc I only made it to 2 of 4. He looked at me surprised and asked why. I told him I had worked 56 hours and it was difficult for me to leave work. And that I was feeling good. He wasn't happy and said that I would probably not be receiving chemo because my numbers would be low and that I needed to stay on schedule. He left the room to check on my bloodwork. Melvin looked at me and said I was in trouble. The doc came back and said that my numbers were Olympic! So...I only need two shots next week and he said I could pick the days. Whew! He prescribed some Pepcid for me to take daily because the toxins have taken their toll on my stomach.
The first four chemo's are the most difficult to take and now I have one more. The next set of four are a different type of chemo.

Now it is Sunday and I have experienced some nausea and of course I sleep a lot. I have been eating better and the Pepcid has helped. I may try to go to work sooner this time.

Thanks for the prayers and emails.
Love to all.

4 comments:

The Landrum's said...

Did you let the doctor know that your daughter was not very happy about your choice either???? At least you only have to have 2 shots this week.
We love you very much! You are so strong!

Amanda said...

Im so glad to hear that your numbers are so high! Praying for you! you are such a fighter!

love you!

Bev said...

Hey sis ! You only went to TWO of your four ? My goodness. Where are the wet noodles? Well I'm not well enough to spank you anyhow, couldn't see you or hit you i'm sure. :) I tried to call today to check on you ( no answer) figured you were in bed like me. Love you and worry about you. Bev

Lexington girl said...

I loved the pictures! Hope to see you this weekend. I am so happy to hear you are doing well.