12/02/08 - 1 week before second surgery

(I copied all previous comments from my email)

Today is the first day I have actually posted any comments. Tara thought doing a blog would be a good idea. I opened this about two weeks ago and could not bring myself to post anything.

It's still hard to believe that I have breast cancer.

I feel fine other than the surgery pains I've had. Some of my numbness from my shoulder to my elbow has gone away. I get tingling sensations I guess from my nerves repairing. And I guess this causes my sharp pains I get sometimes too. I can rest my arm on the desk and type away but to do otherwise and clicking and moving the mouse is different. Sometimes I wish my incision was actually on my breast and I could use my arms freely. I had a fibroid lump in 94 in my right breast and I had no problems afterwards. With this being in my armpit area it has cause some difficulties. I can't let my arm hang like the other because it hurts. I sleep with my arm on a pillow. I can't unscrew things, pick up heavy things, and push or pull hard.

And try wiping with the opposite hand =).

I'm really okay. I know in a week I will be back to all of the numbness and hydrocodone again. But I can do it.... as I did the first time.

No comments: